The new school year is about to start, that means getting together a list of new easy dinner recipes! These paleo chicken salad wraps are so easy and quick, perfect for after a long day of school and work! I have been loving this recipe since I started my paleo diet! I can in no way take credit for this great recipe, all the credit goes to bravoforpaleo.com. Let’s get right to the recipe!
1 whole rotisserie chicken or 2 pounds of chicken breast
½ cup chopped celery
About 2-3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
⅓-½ cup paleo mayo (recipe below)
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
1 teaspoon of Creole Seasoning
Add any other fruits or veggies you want. Tomoatos, grapes, and unions are great options.
Directions for chicken salad:
- Put cooked chicken in a food processor and pulse a few times to rough chop, or cut up in small pieces. Continue pulsing for about 30 seconds until the chicken is finely chopped. If you leave the food processer on, it will make your chicken into a paste.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and creole seasoning and blend well.
- Add chicken into the bowl, stir a few times with a spatula and add in finely chopped celery
1 large egg at room temperature
2 tablespoons lemon juice at room temperature
1 cup light olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
Directions for mayo:
- Place the egg, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until it is blended.
- This step is can take be a bit slow. Tablespoon by tablespoon start to add the olive oil, while the blender or food processor is on. Keep pouring slowly. It should take 2 to 3 minutes. If you rush this it will not get the consistency desired.
1 Paleo wrap
Directions for wraps:
- Lay wrap on a flat surface. Spread extra mayo if desired. Add chicken salad on top and spread evenly. Fold top and bottom about 1/2 inch. Then take the other side and wrap it up tightly! Cut wraps in half or leave whole. ENJOY!
- The salad on its own is fantastic as well! Eat with or without a wrap! Add some veggies on the side, you have a full meal ready to go!
Enjoy this simply easy dinner meal perfect for your busy life!